Widowhood is defined as the disruption of marriage due to death.
Marriage is defined as a covenant relationship between a man & a woman with the primary purpose of communion & fellowship. Traditionally, this covenant was sealed by the shedding of blood.
Death is clinically defined as the cessation of life. In the context of faith, it is the absence of Christ or the presence of darkness.
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, & to open the seals thereof: for thou was slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings & priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Redemption is first for the soul, then the heart and lastly the mind. Weirdly so.
Kingship is a domain of the mind and the earth. Kingship is a covenant between man & fellow man. Traditionally, kingship was settled through a war for either determination of rightful persons or dispute resolution between kingdoms, which means blood was also shed
The priesthood is a domain in the spiritual realm and the heart. The priesthood is also a covenant between man & God. This covenant was, & still is, sealed by the blood of the Lamb.
When details of the covenant are forgotten, ignored, disregarded or held in low esteem it is as though widowhood has automatically kicked in because either or both parties are simply assuming the other as dead. Widowhood breaks a covenant and liberates the person from that covenant.
Our relationship with God is sealed by the blood of Jesus Christ and thereby unbreakable by any forces except that which we allow. This is not only for the Caucasians, Africans, Aussies, Israelites, Muslims, Buddhists, Asians, Arabs, regional or continental groups, tribe or even for a specific genotype. It is for every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation. No one is excused out of this relationship and then again it is only His love that will compel us into this relationship as well as convince & convict us to spread the word about this kind of love.
The covenant between man & fellow man has many forces, both internal and external including untimely death.
The benefit of this relationship with Christ is that you are automatically elevated to priesthood and kingship unto God. How, yet kingship is an earthly domain? First, our portion of righteousness is found in right standing with God in all realms i.e. heart, soul & mind. Simply put, in the physical, spiritual and mental realms we have to be found right. This means you have to carry yourself, believe & think as a king & priest would at all times. It is with this basis that you are able to minister to God as a king & priest as well as take up your position as in this two domains equally.
What does this really mean?
- As a king, there are earthly expectations you have to meet such as the obvious no gossiping, laziness, careless talk, loose associations, sexual & physical inappropriateness amongst many others.
- As a king, you are a leader, not only amongst your peers but wherever your presence is noted. Your homework is you have a lot of studying & growing up to do on your part. Identify your mentors, friends & colleagues wisely.
- As a king & priest, you have authority to decree a thing and it shall come to pass (Job 22:28) because you have a seal of approval to do so in the physical and the backing of heaven in the spiritual realms
- As a king, you have a standard i.e. only the best, none other. Thereby, live by it. If you cannot have the best, define, aim & work for the best in your context. Even if you have to make an alliance. The wisdom of a serpent and humility of a dove is key in this domain. Matthew 10:16.
- As a priest, you have direct & intimate access to your Maker. Don’t waste the opportunity.
- As a priest, you carry & embody the presence of God here on earth. That is a privilege and an honour. Utilise it to the maximum.
- As a priest, you proclaim heavenly ordinances to earthly creation therefore you are a channel between man & God. You are God’s messenger to your context and generation as a whole.
- As a king & priest, history will tell your story and God will crown it all at the point of judgement. Be strategic.
- As a priest, you intercede for your context & generation therefore you are a lawyer. Ensure you are found ready in season and out season. 2 Timothy 4:2.
- Lastly, as a king & priest, you reign on this earth. What more could you ask for?
Looking at the benefits that arise from your union to Christ, why seek to be a spiritual widow when the benefits outweigh widowhood?
Sing a new song because you are redeemed by the only person who will determine your eternity.
Sing a new song and write a melody for it because of the benefits that come out of your covenant relationship with God.
Sing a new song because the blood sealing this covenant is not yours.
Sing a new song because this covenant is for every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; Even when you were clueless that this ever existed.
Sing a new song because widowhood is to big a price for you to bear.
Sing a new song because the Lord is your husband. Isaiah 54:5
Sing a new song because you cannot afford to grieve.
Sing a new song because you have the choice of life & death before you. Deuteronomy 30:15-20. The (variable) choice lies with you. The constant is Christ.
Sing a new song because the groom is with you. That is not a time for mourn. Luke 5:34