This is a common statement in the corporate world. In all reality, it is the truth of all existence. There is nothing for free. A price must be paid.
So it is even in our walk with God. Nothing is for free however the price we pay is too little compared to the value we get. For instance, it is okay to lose a few friends and gain peace and mostly a right standing with God. Furthermore, the greater price to be paid for the misdeeds committed by us whilst with our former friends is not to be paid by us because He bore that.
So, look at it that way at any moment whenever you are in a dilemma between your faith and the option at the table. Will it gain me right standing with God? If yes, well and good. If not, then what transgressions, iniquities and punishment tag along with that decision? Are they on God’s side or not?
The choice is yours. Again.
The freedom that you enjoy in Christ and the benefits that come with it have already been paid for. This is the deal at the end of the day, do not wear a religious clock and walk about your day rather remember this;
- Ministry is about loving God’s people be it at the marketplace, home, streets, church etc.
- Loving people does not mean that you become stupid.
- Remember that the price for loving people has already been paid. You are just a mere vessel.
- It is okay for you to be transactional in ministry yet genuine in service because you ain’t Jesus. Jesus paid it all.
- At the same breath, listen to the Lord’s leading in prayer. Some situations in ministry require more love than others. Others need a staff and a rod, period.
- It is okay to get hurt while in service. Do not get crushed. Someone else already did that. That someone is greater than you and I.
- Do not punish yourself. You have already been rewarded with peace & healing.
- Claim it.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed Isaiah 53:5